Trading Updates

I have been trading every day in the past 2 weeks. Most of the days, I've ended negative, but finally, yesterday I ended positive. Yay God!

My sleep has been really off, but starting 4 days ago, I began making these kale shakes (kale, water, banana, and mango/blueberries/raspberries/papaya/pineapple, water, ice). I drink one 14 oz shake -- it's a little chewy. I've noticed the past 4 nights I've gotten good sleep -- no naps during the day needed as I have enough energy, and getting to bed at a decent hour.

My eating has been frequently small amounts throughout the day. Before moving, often I would eat this way, but it's taken me awhile to adjust. When I moved in Aug'09, I went through a lot of internal emotional trauma which now does not exist, or very little of it does. I'm feeling so much better mentally/emotionally.

So, what does this have to do with trading? The questions in my mind have been if I know how to trade so well technically, how come I'm not consistently successful in being profitable? As I've talked about this in other blog posts, in the end, it comes down to our psychological makeup.

I learned some incredible things in Mark Douglas' book and was anxious to trade after that. I outlined the book, highlighted it, soaked it up. On Monday when I began trading, I found myself all over the place, not focused. Mon - Wed's trading I would make money only to give it all back to the market to end slightly negative for the day. Those days, my broker made money. I did not. I overtraded.

Through the course of this, I continued in my learning quest psychologically, reading and listening to some really good things.

The most recent thing I listened to was an audio by Raphael Cushnir called "The One Thing Holding You Back". He talks about emotional connection, living in the present, not in the past. It's also about allowing those emotions to come, not resist them, and letting them pass like a weather storm. It's a pretty cool concept and I could see it. He gives quite a few tangible, poignant exercises that really help you see what he's talking about that you can use -- in fact, I can use during trading.

Today, integrating Douglas' and Cushnir's concepts, my trading is better. Don't deny what you're feeling. Be completely present, focused, aware of what is going on as you trade. I seem to be flowing much better with the market today than I did Mon-Wed, and even Thurs. During most of my trading time today, the market has been in less than a 4 pt trading range, but that seems no problem to me.

The other day, it traded in a 4 pt trading range and I was so not in the flow, judging & condemning myself as I traded. This created greater resistance, which did not allow me to see clearly, as it took away my focus, as I could not be present in the now.

What also hit home was on Wed I attended a church service at his church (my beau, yes, we are back together again). The preacher there also talked about being present, not looking back. You can't run the race set before you if you look back. Be in the NOW each and every moment. The Scriptural reference is Philippians 3:12-14, where Paul is talking.

Here, we have 3 different resources (the Bible, trading psychologist, and a write) all say about the same thing. Don't worry about the past. It's the past. You can learn from it, but don't reside in the past. You must be present in order to move forward.
0 Responses

Amazon Store