Today's Trading

I wish I had something really great to tell you that I took like 50 points off the ES today because I was sharp and on a roll; however, that wasn't the case. Insomnia overtook me and I couldn't fall asleep until at least 4 am, so it was probably later that I actually fell asleep, exhausted, but somewhat wired.

Then, at 6 am, I got a call from my sister. Thought something was wrong. Apparently she got a call from someone who has a similar number as me who also sounded similar to me. It wasn't me. Needless to say, getting 2 hrs of sleep or less for this whole day wasn't my idea of fun or good functionality.

This morning, before taking the kids to school, I was actually setup at a great entry. Today I made 2 trades with really good entries. Both were breaking out of compression patterns. Unfortunately, other things distracted me and I got out of both way, way too early. My first trade, it went up another 8 points before I left to take the kids to school. That would've been a great opportunity to do a 3.25 pt trailing stop to just let it right. Alas, that did not happen, rather I took 1.25 pts off that trade.

I promised my son's 1st grade teacher I would help run the "Star" store from 9:45 am to 10:45 am. Got there at 9:30 am and didn't leave until nearly 11:30 am. I spent about an hr longer than I intended to and felt really wiped out. Didnt' really want to trade, but I saw all the glorious action and saw that it was in a rectangular compression pattern, so I set an entry to the downside and got taken in.

Unfortunately, by now, my mental capabilities are fairly low and non-sharp. My goal was to take 2 points, but I took only 1 tick. Could physically feel the pressure that I get when I'm very sleep deprived.

Today, I took 1.5 pts out of the MANY points available. This was one Friday where I wished I had gotten adequate sleep, used trailing stops, and didn't volunteer for my kids' school during trading hrs.

A 16.5 pt move up today during equity hours is wonderful. From midnight my time, it moved 26 points. How beautiful is that? Man, and I took so little. However, I did take profits. Praise God!
0 Responses

Amazon Store