Life

A part of trading is being able to appropriately manage one's life. Few of us do have all our time solely being able to commit to trading. How some of the other people like John Carter with a 1 and 3 yr old or some of the other traders I know who have children, young children, how they manage to do videos, keep up blogs, twitter and the like is byond me.

I just noticed that it's been 9 days since my last post.

I have been trading most of the days, except one. I've been net profitable on all my days, taking bigger positions. At this point, I'm not going to be sharing my results, but they are similar to before, just with bigger contract sizes as my accounts are steadily growing.

Currently, I'm dealing with things with my ex-husband that are not exactly fun. Won't go into the details, as it's not necessary, and I don't really want to focus my energies on negative things. But, some of these things have greatly impacted my subconscious, my sleep, etc.

So, I'm finding ways daily to just relax, have mental vacations, to not absorb myself and replay stinking thinking movies. One of the things I've been doing more is playing the piano, which is stimulating the right side of my brain, the creative side, rather than stimulate the analytical side.

It's been helping me to relax, to help me to trade better. Most days, I can achieve my goal in less than an hour, unless I mess up. I've been around the 70% mark in terms of # of trades that are profitable. That's pretty good. Nothing prideful, just following my trading strategy. When I don't, not a good thing.

Figure out what you want, go for it.

I asked my sister who is a realtor to begin looking for houses in the $1-3M range. Yes, I did that. It really gets me out of my comfort zone. I'm nowhere close to being able to plop down money to pay for something like that, much less furnish a home of that size. Right now here in my metropolitan area in the area I want to live in, that would be a really nice home.

If I lived in the Bay area, maybe not such a big deal.

Anyway, I have a friend who has a 2008 custom Bentley. It's absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to ask her if we can drive around in her car for an hour or so. I want to see how the rich and begin getting into gear better for thinking wealthier, abundance, rather than lack.

There are other things I dream about with making lots of money, and one of those things is to help out my church and I have a list of charitable organizations whom I want to give to more that I have supported over the years, as well as new organizations I've been wanting to but haven't.

Anyway, I'm working to change my subconscious belief system that needs a big kick in the booty to ruffle it up, shake that false belief system out and replace it with truth. Then, I can really step into my trading with the gusto I believe I can.

The thing is, if you know what you're doing, and you're not doing it, it most likely has something to do with your belief system that's imbedded in your subconscious. Until you change that, it doesn't matter how good technically you are, the belief system will do everything in its power to keep that belief system in place.

It was exciting for me today to have this dream while sleeping where I began challenging my belief system. I saw my beliefs, acknowledged them, and paid no mind to them. I began taking a different road, a better road.

The past couple weeks, I've had a number of "events" occur. The thing is, they are just events, neutral. Unless you place meaning to them, they mean nothing and you can treat them as nothing. Treat "bad" events as nothing, neutral, so they do not consume your energy. Dominant energy wins.

Similarly, if you have a trade go against you, don't get all bent out of shape, abusing yourself mentally and verbally, rather, treat that event neutrally emotionally. Figure out what you did wrong, or maybe you did nothing wrong, had all your stops in place, and the trade went against you. It happens. Other times, you may have all your stops in place, but your entry into the position was incorrect because you read your indicators wrong or overlooked something.

Use every single one of your trades whether profitable or costing as trades you can learn from, to improve from. Could you have had a better entry? Why so? Did you wait too long or not wait long enough? Did you exit the trade too soon (this happens to me often) or didn't exit soon enough?

None of the answers to those questions need to be emotional. It's when you attach emotions to the negative events and downplay the positive events, what that does is reinforce negative situations, and that will dominate. You will attract more of that into your life, rather than the positive you want.

When you make a profitable trade, whether it be a few dollars, hundreds of dollars, or thousands, celebrate. Jump up and down, shout, get EXCITED!! Hey, when you see a penny on the ground, gosh darn it, pick it up and celebrate, "I'M A MONEY MAGNET!!! THANK YOU GOD FOR MAKING ME RICHER!" Get excited!! Don't discriminate with the amount of money you are receiving. Your subconscious doesn't know what denomination, rather it just knows it's money coming to you.

I had to take a serious look at how I receive money and found that I did discriminate. When money came from my former spouse's girlfriend, that just angered me. But, what I started doing a month or so ago was to just thank God that money was coming to me, no matter who it was coming from or how it was coming to me.

When you get discounts, or get something on sale, or a gift, or play Monopoly or anything that involves money (whether real or not), celebrate, get excited that you ARE getting richer. This begins to reprogram your subconscious to WANT to receive money.

I'm sure with those trading, you've probably had this happen to you. You're profitable on a trade and you could've taken profits, but you didn't. Instead, it turned into a costing trade. You're about to receive money, then you find it slip away from you.

Take a good hard look as to how you treat money, all denominations. Are you taking care of your money? Are you managing your money? Are there areas where you are self-sabotaging, like you're rejecting money? You get it, but you reject it? Like, you see a penny on the ground and you reject picking it up? That's rejecting money. It's a little thing, but your subconscious doesn't know it, so you reinforce that enough, no wonder why you reject profits in trading.

These are just some thoughts I want to share that God has been working on me with regards to money.
0 Responses

Amazon Store