It's Only A Penny, It's Only A Dollar

One of the things of the Bible that I'm learning is God says He will give more to those He can trust that will manage the little He gives them. That's one area - money management. There are other areas such as giving (i.e., tithes & offerings), as well as investing.

Up until the past year or two, I'd always disregarding pennies that I found in the parking lot or wherever, just because they were pennies. I discriminated against the denomination of money that was coming to me, because there was a sense of pride. I don't need that penny. It's beneath me. Then, I listened to some CDs of T. Harv Eker on the millionaire mindset. He talked about always picking up the pennies, because it IS money coming to us. Every time he found a penny, he would get so incredibly excited about it, because it was money coming to him.

What I didn't realize at the time was your belief system's rudder is our emotions that we attach to things, people, events. Those emotions, the dominant emotions we have, hold our belief system in place. I was wanting money to come to me and it was, but in the form of pennies. I was rejecting that. My subconscious doesn't know the difference between a penny and a $100 bill or a million dollars. All it knows is that I was rejecting money.

So, on the one hand, I wanted money to come to me. On the other hand, I was doing things like rejecting money coming to me. And, as I focused on things happening to me in the natural, my dominant energies were focused on those negative things, which drew more of those things to me. I was not wanting those negative things, but since those were the things that were dominating my emotions, that's what I attracted more of.

There are various physical ways money comes to us that we could be rejecting:

- Pennies on the ground
- Not paying attention to our bills & fees that can be assessed
- Not asking
- Some offers to pay for something (i.e., a meal) and you reject that
- Not paying things on time
- Overspending
- Hoarding
- Not sleeping
- Not taking care of our bodies & health
- Not being grateful for what we do have
- Grumbling about our jobs
- Wrong attitudes
- Thinking a job is little when it isn't
- Thinking something is big when it isn't
- Not accepting responsibility for our actions
- Blaming others
- Not keeping track of our money
- Haphazardly throwing money into your wallet, purse

Certainly there are more things than this.

What about our thought life? What about the words we speak in our heads, outloud? Have you really paid attention to this? What kinds of questions are you asking?

Often our thought life is pretty self-sabotaging. Are you where you want to be in life or making progress towards it? If you're not, you've got to seriously take responsibility for every single thing in your life, evaluate your thoughts, words, emotions, attitudes. These are the things holding you back. No one else is holding you back but yourself.

That's a pretty harsh stance to take, but as I write these words, I see how they've impacted my very own life. I am where I am because of the choices I've made. It's no one else's fault, but mine. But, the really awesome, amazing thing is I am a daughter of the most High King - Jesus Christ. I recognize these areas I've totally bit the dust in and really f***ed up big time. God is my Redeemer.

I don't have to feel defeated and have a pity party, although, I have. But, I can be assured as I eat crow and take my lumps, that just like the Prodigal Son in the Bible, God is waiting to Redeem me, to pour out His blessings and favor on me. Yes, there are consequences for all our actions. God gives me grace to accept the consequences and to move on. Isn't that simply amazing?

It's not just a penny. It's not just a dollar. It's not just a little complaint. It's not just a job. It matters.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Amazon Store