Trades on ES for Wed, 14-Jan-2009

My goal is $300 for the day. Today I grossed $437.50

Total Trades = 6 (some premarket, some during the market; did not stay at the computer but set stops)
Max Contracts Used at 1 Time = 1 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 5 (83%)
# Costing Trades = 1 (17%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $25 to $150 (was trading in 1 contract positions)
Range of Costing Trades = $37.50

Total Profits = $475
Total Costs = $37.50
Commissions = $23.94
Net = $413.56 (82.7% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Correctly:
1. Verbalized trades (though, whispered).

2. Knew where I was. Saw the big picture.

3. Went with the trend.

4. Set my stops (either limit cost, limit profit or trailing stop).

5. Didn't babysit trades, but had my stops in place. Usually my gut reaction is better than if I overanalyzed my trades getting in or out.

6. Stopped trading when my goal was met.

Notes: My energy levels were really, really low, inspite of getting enough sleep, eating healthy, moderate exercise. I've been doing a lot of psychological energy stuff and I'm not sure if this is playing a part in my energy shifts. Maybe my body is detoxing?
0 Responses

Amazon Store