Trades on ES for Tues, 20-Jan-2009

My goal is $1000 for the day. Today I grossed $1375.

Total Trades = 14 (some premarket starting from the night before, 9:40 am 9:48 am EST; 10:17 am to 12:31 pm EST)
Max Contracts Used at 1 Time = 3 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 12 (86%)
# Costing Trades = 2 (14%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $50 to $362.50 (was trading in 1 contract positions)
Range of Costing Trades = $25 to $100

Total Profits = $1500
Total Costs = $125
Commissions = $47.88
Net = $1,327.12 (88.5% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Correctly:

1. Verbalized trades in a regular tone of voice, step-by-step as to why I was getting into a trade and where I expected to get out.

2. Got out of costing trades when they broke my trends.

3. Though I was angry at my kids again for not respecting my trading time after being told a few times, I shared my feelings & thoughts with my children in correction to them in a way that honored all of us. I forgave them and let go of my anger.

4. Spent time in prayer before I started my day, as well as time in studying the Bible to hear from God.

5. Waited for trades to come to me. Did not chase trades.

6. Celebrated my profits outloud and a little physical demonstration.

7. I kept laying down my anger, frustration, blame at the foot of the Cross to give it all to God instead of hanging onto it, thus, it dissipated.

8. Spent time praising God, even when I didn't feel like it.

9. Did some writing in positive form and reading, saying outloud various Scripture confessions.

10. Allowed my dominant energy to be on prosperity, abundance, peace, joy, favor, and not on what I wanted to do with the anger.

11. Stopped trading when my goal was reached.

12. Did not play woulda, coulda, shoulda in my mind but was very grateful for the profits I got and achieving my goals.

13. Turned on classical music to create a peaceful, creative positive environment in my home.

14. Moved the coffee table out of sight from my trading so my living room looks way less cluttered (that's where I have my trading desk).

15. Was patient with most of my trades, which allowed me to take profits.

16. Knew where I was locationwise and understood whether it was a pullback or a reversal.

17. Planned my trade, traded my plan.

18. Released negative feelings as they continued to attempt to pop up in my trading, being aware and taking action.

19. Visualized my trades, at least some of them.

20. Set my stops (profits & costs, or trailing stops).

21. Timeframes used were appropriate. Started with 15 min., moved to 3 min., then 1 min., back to 3 min.

22. Saw the big picture and did not panic. Waited patiently, but had cost stop set just in case.

Improvement Areas:

1. Be firmer with the kids taking harsher action for their disobedience, however, before I start trading, explain to the kids in a calm manner that I need their help to make money and that would be for them to be calm and get ready for school without fussing or distraction.

2. Did not have the dogs in the house, as they are a distraction running all over chasing each other around.

3. More visualization of the trades is needed.

4. Was impatient with a few trades and took profits too soon.

5. Trailing stops when things are moving fast need to be at least 2 points. In slower moving times, they can be 0.75-1.25 points.

6. Work to get focused quicker, no matter what is happening.
0 Responses

Amazon Store