Trades on ES for Tues, 13-Jan-2009

My goal is $300 for the day. Today I grossed $900.50.

Total Trades = 20 (some premarket plus 1.75 hr from 10:17 am to 11:17 am; 2:24 pm to 3:05 pm EST)
Max Contracts Used at 1 Time = 2 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 16 (80%)
# Costing Trades = 4 (20%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $37.50 to $250 (was trading in 1 contract positions)
Range of Costing Trades = $37.50 to $200

Total Profits = $1,687.50
Total Costs = $462.50
Commissions = $79.80
Net = $1,145.20 (114.5% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Correctly:
1. Verbalized trades (though, whispered).

2. Turned off real time datafeed so I would stop trading.

3. Turned off "Account bar" status so I would trade without looking at the money.

4. Planned my trade, traded my plan.

5. Did my morning devotionals.

6. Centered & focused my mind, calmed it well before trading.

7. Had a peaceful morning with my children before taking them to school. Created an atmosphere of positive energy & hope.

8. Reviewed my trades immediately after trading, instead of waiting and forgetting.

9. Set my stops (profits & costs, limits), as well as trailing stops.

10. Did not chase trades.

11. Did not talk with anyone this morning while trading.

Things To Improve On:

1. Can verbalize louder what I'm trading.

2. Stop trading once my goal is met, though, I would not know this unless I looked at my account bar. However, adding up the points I made told me I had far exceeded my goal, even with commissions included.

3. I did not stop trading but waited another 1-2 trades to stop. These could have turned against me, therefore giving back some of my profits.

Notes: I came back to trade again for another 0.75 hr after a very good coaching session on beliefs. I felt very empowered and decided to trade a little more. As of today, 41 days of trading, I have 709% ROI!!! I think that's super exciting, because 41 days trading is essentially 2 months worth of trading. Imagine if every 2 months you had 709% return and I've made a bunch of mistakes, but learning big time.
0 Responses

Amazon Store