Trades on ES for Thurs,15-Jan-2009

My goal is $800 for the day. Today I grossed $1150

Total Trades = 13 (some premarket, intermittent from 9:48 am to 2:17 pm EST)
Max Contracts Used at 1 Time = 3 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 10 (77%)
# Costing Trades = 3 (23%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $75 to $325 (was trading in 1 contract positions most of the time minus 2 trades where I entered in 2 contract positions)
Range of Costing Trades = $12.50 to $175

Total Profits = $1462.50
Total Costs = $312.50
Commissions = $67.83
Net = $1,082.17 (72.1% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Correctly:
1. Verbalized some of trades, but not all of them.

2. Eventually stopped trading, no matter what was happening to the market after I stopped, the 2nd time.

3. Knew where I was and where the pivot points were.

4. Waited patiently until the time was correct, and when I was wrong, got out for a cost or a smaller profit.

5. Set trailing stops, as well as limit cost & profit stops.

6. Did not stay at the computer the whole time.

7. Got enough sleep.

8. Made sure to drink water and ate.

9. Took small breaks to do pushups.

10. Got excited physically and verbally when I made profits and kept costs' emotions neutral, as learning points.

Areas To Improve On:

1. Still thinking too much in my head and need to verbalize EVERY trade.

2. Had a couple impulsive trades, which turned out profitably, but they could've been costs.

3. Did not stop trading once my goal was met.

4. A couple trades at least, had I just let my stops take me out, I would've been more profitable. Let the trade do it's thing.

5. Make sure to always know the big picture and intermiate stopping points.

6. Keep calm, cool, with laser focus.

7. Keep dogs outside.
0 Responses

Amazon Store