Trades on ES for Tues, 23-Dec-2008

My goal is $700 for the day. Today I grossed $800.

Total Trades = 11 (about 23 hrs)
Contracts Used at 1 Time = 6 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 8 (73%)
# Costing Trades = 3 (27%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $50 to $850
Range of Costing Trades = $50 to $750

Total Profits = $1675
Total Costs = $875
Commissions = $87.78
Net = $712.22 (23.7% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Correct:

1. Verbalized trade some of trades.

2. After the first few trades, got out of costing trades quicker when they turned against me.

3. Patient with some of my trades.

4. Took profits when they were there or when I realized they would not come anymore.

5. Knew were I was - location.

6. Focused.

7. Stopped trading once my goal was met.

8. Mentally cleared myself as best I could.

9. On some trades, focused on a good trade, not the money.

Areas to Improve On:

1. I was not patient with all my trades and the profits, had I waited, would've come and it would've been triple plus what I actually did with fewer trades.

2. Overtraded.

3. Was not as patient as I intended to be.

4. On some trades, focused on the money, rather than good trading.

5. Distracted by my kids.

6. Forgot where I was locationwise on a couple trades, which led to overtrading.

7. Did not verbalize all my trades.
0 Responses

Amazon Store