Trades on ES for Wed, 17-Dec-2008

My goal is $500 for the day. Today I grossed $3100.

Total Trades = 3 (12:58 pm EST on 12/16 to 7:55 pm EST 12/17)
Contracts Used at 1 Time = 14 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 3 (100%)
# Costing Trades = (0%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $3100
Range of Costing Trades = $0

Total Profits = $3100
Total Costs = $0
Commissions = $55.86
Net = $3044.14 (43.5% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Correct:

1. Verbalized trades.

2. Did not trade with real funds since I'm really quite out of sorts. My practice HAS TO BE good before I put on funded trades.

3. Read the price action, market correct.

Areas to Improve:

1. I had my stops in place, but something glitched with my trading software and took out my stops without really taking them out. Once I got them in place, I would've been out at a good profit, better then where I got out, which is still a profit, but I didn't bother to check.

2. I would not be able to hold overnight as I did for these trades in my real account, as the margin requirements are far different than for daytrading futures.

3. Gotta make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

4. I also forgot I actually had trades on. That's NOT good. That is not taking one's money seriously. In practice you gotta do the same thing as real life, otherwise, when I switch to real life, I do what I did in practice.

5. Though the market rewarded me, these are things I need to pay careful attention to.

Notes: I was away from the market during normal trading hours. I would not have put on any funded trades without being able to attend to them 100%. I will be doing funded trading Thursday.
0 Responses

Amazon Store