Today's Trades on the ES (Fri, 5-Dec-2008)

My goal is $700 for the day. Today I grossed $787.50.

Total Trades = 4 (21 min. from 10:22 am to 10:43 pm EST)
Contracts Used at 1 Time = 5 ($500 margin/contract)
# Profitable Trades = 4 (100%)
# Costing Trades = 0 (0%)
Range of Profitable Trades = $62.50 to $275
Range of Costing Trades = $0

Total Profits = $787.50
Total Costs = $0
Commissions = $19.95
Net = $767.55 (30.7% ROI of capital used)

Things I Did Well for Today:

1. Verbalized trades in detail (whispered, though)

2. Knew were the pivot points were as well as were I was with MAs, various timeframes, RSI, volume, MACD.

3. Step my stops (costs & profits).

4. Patient.

5. Neutral emotions.

6. Planned my trade, traded my plan.

Things To Improve on:

1. My original goal was $300 for 1 contract, but I didn't want to sit here that long and increased my risk. However, I knew where I was and set my stops appropriately. I made $157.50 per contract, so the goal for 5 contracts @ $300 would've been $1500.

I'm feeling incredibly groggy and icky, because I broke the latter part of my cleanse day with some poor choices in food (refined sugar) and I'm paying for it today. I figure it was better to get my trading over and done with quicker than to drag it out as that may prove to be more detrimental.

Going back to bed. Still, for feeling like I've been drugged, $767.55 in less than 30 min. is awesome. I can tell you I never made that much in one full engineering day for myself. This just goes to show that not only do you have to have the psychological part down, but the foods you eat do impact whether you can think, act and feel correctly.

I'll analyze the week a little later. Happy Trading!
0 Responses

Amazon Store