Clutter

Once again, I am dealing with clutter. It seems like even as simply as I attempt to live, clutter is still an issue. My home is not very big, so I have to be very aware and mindful about clutter, as even a little bit of stuff can make things seem way worse.

Today my kids and I spent time going through their clothing and they with their toys. We got rid of and donated a bunch of things, but this is just a start. My living room has looked far too cluttered, as well as the rest of the rooms in the house.

Anyway, one of the things I also have is financial clutter, so over the next 3 months, I will be working to reduce my financial clutter, as that is a bit more challenging to do than to get through clothes and get rid of things that no longer fit or do not want.

This week, outside of trading, I will be working on decluttering my home so we can have more room to allow God to just really pour into our lives more abundance. I will also begin working on taxes, which this is a lot to do here.

I may also go through my books in the next 3 months and begin selling the books I no longer need on eBay, half.com or amazon marketplace. Why clutter up my place and mind with things that no longer benefit me? No point.

Some of my financial goals for the next 3 months are:

1. Get all taxes done and filed with the IRS ASAP.
2. Consistently make $2K/trading day and trade every day no matter what.
3. Keep my business & personal financial documentation organized.
4. Keep costing trades down and daily set a net limit on drawdown.
5. Be able to hire a business consultant to come in to help me be more successful in how I run my trading business, perhaps expanding it to teaching classes, DVDs, a more functional website.
2 Responses
  1. Marilou Says:

    Doris, I'm doing some financial decluttering and reorganizing too! Do you have any tips or good websites or blogs related specificially to paper decluttering?

    Mary


  2. Doris Says:

    Hi Mary,

    I don't have any websites and keep that down to a minimum, as the internet can also be clutter for me.

    Here's what I'm doing:
    1. Go to paperless where possible and keep things organized in folders.
    2. When I go through mail, toss out all things I will not immediately address or will within the next 2-3 weeks.
    3. Unwanted mail goes in my "to shred" bags, which I go to take to a licensed bonded shredder once a year.
    4. Keep magazine subscriptions to a minimum, and toss out magazines more than a few months old. Take what I want out of the magazines and put in a binder.
    5. File paperwork in a lateral cabinet after finished with them.
    6. Periodically reassess whether I need the information or not. Toss it, give it away, sell it -- books, etc.

    I'm also reassessing whether I need so many accounts opened, putting things on autopay. Can things be paid quarterly, annually, etc, and schedule these in my planner or online calendar.

    I'm very schedule-oriented so this works for me.

    These are the things I'm doing for myself. I'm sure there are more.

    The accountant says not every piece of paperwork needs to be kept. He says each year, he has a small folder of things he needs to keep financially. I usually have huge files. I'm cutting back. If it has no relevance to taxes, I can get rid of it.


Amazon Store