Being Present

If you look at a couple entries ago or so in this blog, that though I was wrong in the direction I thought things would go, what I was so far correct on was the cyclical part of it and perhaps I may be correct on the area it would pivot, which is around the 1015 on the S&P range.

Basically I was upside down and giving the market more bullishness in my original prediction. Actually I was just taking a wild stab at it, but I thought 1015ish would be its pivot because that is where the 200 EMA on the Monthly is, meaning that the month would close near this point.

The tails/wicks could be quite long, which would signify battling of the bulls and bears.

There are many days I'm missing some good action, and to my readers who are interested in trading, perhaps I'm doing a disservice, but the 2 most important people to me are not missing out. They get their mommy.

I'm learning to be present and a part of managing all that is on my plate, is to focus on one thing at a time, for that moment. I want to savor each moment I have, whether it is some fantastic, glorious moment, or something that challenges me that I need to learn from.

The market will always be here, and there will always be opportunities. I am completely confident that God will empower me to generate the wealth I need for my family, as He has already done so wonderfully. But, the time I have is now with my children.

They are growing so quickly, and they will not always need their mommy. So, yes, my posts will be sporadic and maybe I won't always have the in depth technical analysis you desire, and maybe I may talk too much about my personal life, but this is my life as a trader who really wants to have it all.

There is no point in having mega millions if I ruin my family, the relationships I have, rather I want to take as many people with me as possible on this journey, to really lead full, abundant lives as possible. Life is wrought with many potholes, and learning to skillfully navigate sometimes the very treacherous roads takes time, patience, knowledge, and skill.

The world says I must perform, but I beg to differ. God wants me to be. He wants me to rest in Him. Sure, I will need to trade, do my due diligence, but not with a franticness, panic, rather with confidence and an assurance that everything will be fine.

Even in a day in the S&P where it hardly moves, there is more than enough money that can be taken off the table to support my family and so much more. These wild, crazy days are exhilarating. I am missing many of them, and some I am not. But during these times, I get to hug my children, be here for them, during a year that has been quite traumatic for us, allowing God to heal our very broken hearts and spirits.

So many people have fear about our economy and the markets, but I have such a calmness, a peace that really does surpass all understanding. There is always opportunities in what is deemed as hardship or great challenges. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm really working on my perspective, learning to be calm in the face of turmoil and chaos. Just like an Olympian who prepares years for just that brief moment in time, I'm preparing the ground so that I can really take off. I've attempted to take off and realize I wasn't quite ready.

So, I would implore my readers to look into their lives and see where you find richness and invest there as you learn how to trade well in the stock market. Don't put off tomorrow what you could do today.

Live your life in urgency because tomorrow may never come for you. Live with no regrets. Be present. You can't change the past and tomorrow will always be just a little further ahead.

God bless you.
0 Responses

Amazon Store