Focusing On Trading & Not The Account

Good trading leads to good profits.

One of the things I had to do today while trading futures was I put a piece of masking tape on my computer over the part of my trading ladder that displayed my gross profits/costs. This is a huge distraction to me.

When you begin making trading decisions (like where to enter, exit) based on what is happening to your account, it causes a person to do some really sabotaging things. I found my futures trading was NOT successful when I kept looking to see where I was for the day.

Today, I did not look to see where I was until the end of the trading day. This allowed me to focus on good quality trades. It may seem lame to put masking tape on my computer over that part, but so what? It helped me immensely today and I'll keep doing it. Whatever it takes.
1 Response
  1. Nancy Says:

    This is a good idea. I'm a notorious scorekeeper.


Amazon Store