Doing

What have I been doing? I've been working on things in my life and addressing things, no longer allowing disorganization and procrastination rule it. That was mainly Monday and Tuesday, a little yesterday. Spent 17-18 hrs yesterday doing full documentation drills, analyzing charts and I got to collaborate for a bit with 2 different traders on some different trading methods from my own.

Time sure flies when you're having fun. My kids were gone for most of the day, so except for a brief errand, I spent the day at the computer. A couple times, forgot to eat, but drank plenty of water.

The stocks I did drills on were AAPL, RIMM, MA, RIG, CMI, CME, LEH, BIDU. It's nothing new, but I found my best trading is when I'm heavily involved in these drills. Many hours were spent on these. RIG I went back 4-5 months, one of the others, 3 months and the rest 2 months. I can typically do 2 months in about 1.25-1.5 hrs, depending upon interruptions.

Today I have GOOG left and I probably want to look at a couple other stocks. Not sure yet, but will go through my scans possibly.

No need to talk about the Fed announcement on Tuesday. You can go to other blogs or sites where they talk about those. No coulda, woulda, shoulda. I wasn't prepared to trade so I didn't. Yes, that was a huge day and we rarely get those, but it's okay. There are always opportunities in the market to make lots of money and with the stocks I trade, there are ALWAYS opportunities, so I do not feel like I missed anything.

A part of risk management for me is to not force myself into trades just because everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon. A part of what I'm doing is developing the mindset and disciplines to become a good trader. I'm learning to balance my personal life with trading, to manage all types of interferences, to organize myself for success.

There have been many things this year where dramatic changes have been made, getting rid of the "dross" in my life and filling those voids with healthier things. Shifts in paradigms. Frankly, I don't know how some of the other bloggists write so much, put so many charts on a continual basis. Maybe I overanalyze things? Well, the analysis that I do is what I need for how I trade.

My goal isn't to become super millionaire or change the trading world within the next year. Rather, it is to move from where I was, be profitable enough to afford to live well, to provide well for my kids and I, make good on all our debts & bills on time, and not have to work at some job for someone else, but own my own time. Yes, there is a dollar figure in mind, but it's nothing to knock your socks off.

Once my life is more stable, then I will focus on generating and building my capital more aggressively, but one of the things I believe for success for myself is the other areas in my life need to be in order, which includes my health, relationships, the environment I'm surrounded by, finances, business, and fitness. Things are always dynamic and will not be perfect. That is a given.

As I write this, my life is signfiicantly more organized & ordered in a healthy way than it was a month ago. With every passing week, as these things get more ordered, it allows me to have more focus on trading and making money. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

With all situations, whether we perceive them as good or bad, they are opportunities. We can either take a victim mentality by complaining, whining, and blaming, or we can stand up and say we are NOT victims, but we are victors. We have the mindset of a champion and champions are great managers of the interferences in their lives. Today again I choose to be a champion.

As a side note, when I awoke, there was something that happened that could've set me off into a wrong direction this morning. But, last night before going to bed, I was listening to the song by Benton Brown called "Everlasting God". Throughout the evening when I awoke, the words to that song played in my head. How it gave me strength and though my sleep was not real long, I felt power, rather than weakness.

He IS the everlasting God.

The lyrics are as follows:

EVERLASTING GOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2nz6PG8KM

(2X)
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

--------------------------

Note, actual time in trading is not very long, but the preparation for me to make good trades is all encompassing. Not sure how other traders that may have a lot of turmoil in their lives do it, but I've found those are huge distractions that I'm still working to manage. God is my faith and trust, but He gives me the time and resources so I can make good trades. I do not sit on my duff and screw around, but I'm constantly learning, honing my skills, reading, doing, asking, getting help, being humble.

Anyway, execution of trades in my virtual or funded accounts most likely will not take place until Monday. One of the things I believe is to keep my virtual trades EXACTLY like my funded trades. The only difference if real funds. My positions, the size of the trade, entries and exits, everything is EXACT in both situations. I get the most success when I do not deviate from this.

Many people will take on positions in their virtual account they would not do in real life. Why? It makes no sense to me. I am success in my virtual trading, so I want that to translate into my real accounts. That's some food for thought.

Just for my own benefit, for new readers, I will no longer be sharing the vast details I was prior with my trades and you will not know which trades are funded or not. Because of the avenue of the internet and not knowing which people I can or cannot trust, my trading coach recommended to not share such personal financial information.
0 Responses

Amazon Store