Wondering

In case you're wondering why I might be in a trading blog sharing with you about organizing, paperwork, my family, my marriage, etc. is not because I'm talkative or like to write, but all these aspects of my life DO impact my trading.

There are books, DVDs, courses, etc. up the gazoo on what how to gain knowledge, but I find fewer things helping you develop your skill, and even fewer to help you actually set yourself up for success in terms of what are the things that might impede your success.

Let's say you want to be a profitable trader, but you cannot balance your checkbook, do you think there might be a disconnect here? Or, you're a highly emotional person, and you just can't figure out how to trade unemotionally? Do you think that if you're going through turmoil in your life, you might have to take a different approach to trading?

What if you were so disorganized, you forgot you had positions on the table? Think that might be detrimental?

What if in your subconscious buried deep inside you you do not feel you deserve wealth or to be prosper? Do you think that no matter how skilled you are, how much knowledge you have, that that might impede your success?

None of these things are uncommon to me. As one who is a problem solver, I'm always looking for the root cause of problems. Often times what is obvious is not truly the answer. My life has come with a lot of baggage, but I've been able to get rid of a lot to get to where I am. Still, there is a long journey ahead and more things to deal with.

For me, this not a vent blog, rather sharing in my journey of how to be a good trader. I do make good trades and am a profitable trader, but that's not enough. I want to be a phenomenal trader who achieves her dreams, the vision for her life, empower my family & others. Can you taste that?

As a side note, my favorite game as a child was "Pit". Any of you heard of the card game? It really didn't dawn until me this year that I was born to trade. Maybe I'm not the superstar like some of the men I've read in Market Wizards, but in the world I live in, there are many I can impact.
3 Responses
  1. Well said! We have similar "tastes"...lol!

    Bring on the phenomenal-ity. :-)


  2. Hey Doris....just curious. In pursuit of your phenomenal-icious goal, do you have a target % (or range) for annual portfolio growth?


  3. Doris Says:

    D,

    From the past, I did have a % target, but no longer restrict myself to that. I did used to share what that was, but the responses I got were less than favorable and who needs that kind of negativism.

    However, for trades I have closed, I do look at ROI, but I don't begin counting anything until it's finished because that hinders my trading.

    Rather now, I focus on good trading and the profits will follow. I know how much I need to make and how much I have in the back of my mind.

    For the time being, it's to continue to trade well increasingly, and to get my life in order.


Amazon Store