Managing Paperwork

Something that I've neglected a great deal is paperwork. Administration isn't a gifting or even something I remotely like and have allowed my husband to handle all this stuff over the past few years. Now as my marriage is on the rocks and I'm finding myself alone, I'm finding out he had even less of a gifting for administration than me, as I cannot find a rhyme or reason to how he did things.

Today I spent a good portion of the day pouring over my finances, closing down a number of brokerage accounts and working on consolidation of where my brokerage accounts are as well as the number of accounts. I also worked on my credit stuff, some I was aware of and others, the state of where things were was totally a shock and surprise.

Nevertheless, I'm learning "joint" is not a good thing and if the opportunity for me to marry again after this marriage is over, "joint" in terms of accounts will not be something I desire. And, I will keep things much simpler and hire a bookkeeper to manage these things. Never again will I just give someone full reign with little of my involvement.

It has come to bite me big time in the butt. This will all get straightened out - my taxes, my finances, everything. This is a very tough lesson to learn and has some big impacts, but what is done is done.

The good thing is with the 2 main accounts that I actively trade, I do keep good records and paperwork, so that is a plus. Now to backtrack the other accounts and figure out what was done in those will be much more "interesting".

Lack of organization in your finances can be a big impedence in your trading, as this has impacted my trading and time to devote to trading. If you're young, work to keep things simple and be organized. God cannot deliver to chaos because chaos means being a poor manager. How can God entrust to someone greater riches if they cannot manage the little they have?

So, though administration is not my gifting, it will become a strength of mine in the days, weeks, month to come. I am actively taking steps right now to overcome my fears by facing them and taking actions. I take responsibility for all financial debts and obligations occurred during my marriage whether I incurred them or not because it is the right thing to do - not the easy thing, but the right thing.

Eventually, however, when my trading can support me hiring a part-time bookkeeper (if needed), I will. This isn't something I enoy doing. However, as I simplify as much as possible, this may not be necessary. We'll see.

I've been doing well with balancing my checkbook and opening/addressing my mail. The little things do add up and when they do, it can be very overwhelming.

Probably a big impedence among many people who want to trade for a living is they are very unorganized in their finances or in parts of their lives that the need to bring order and structure to. So, rather than complain and blame, I take action. I am a victor, not a victim.

Bad things do happen to good people, however, I refuse to let these things keep me down. I'm getting up on the inside, so I can get up on the outside. God will enable and empower me each day and He's using these situations to make me a better overall trader in the end.

One of the things I'm learning is that as I organize various parts of my life, I find my trading gets better with each iteration. There must be something that chaos/mess take away from my trading, not allowing me to see as clearly or execute as well.

So, in a nutshell, "Organize For Success"!!!!
0 Responses

Amazon Store