Log Scale

This site (http://www.incrediblecharts.com/technical/trendlines.htm) sort of explains simply more about the use of log vs arithmetic scales. It makes sense.

At Tim's suggestion, I ordered his book and should get it by Wednesday. I love Amazon's 2-day shipping a lot. It was worth the $79 subscription fee/year. Wow, 410 pages? He basically swears by log scales, so let's see if this can improve my trading even more.

I use the Prophet Charts on Think or Swim (TOS), but it's not just anywhere as easy as Extreme Charts (EC). However, EC is not easy to draw trendlines in how I draw them on the arithmetic scale. Prophet allows me to do the parallel lines on a log scale, but maneuvering around is sort of a bear for me. Haven't tried on eSignal.

Since I so highly respect Ryan, I put in an email to him regarding this topic. Hopefully he'll respond within a week or so.

My trading IS working for me consistently for more than a year now. I'm almost under the premise of not fixing something that isn't broken. HOWEVER, I am open to suggestions. Changing from arithmetic to log is a huge foundational thing, though.
2 Responses
  1. maverick Says:

    Doris,
    The charm, honesty and detail are appreciated. Good luck to you.


  2. Doris Says:

    Hi Maverick,

    Thank you. I've never heard someone use the word charm with me, but thank you.

    Probably many of the things I write, many different people can relate to. I write with humbleness, because life and the market has greatly humbled me.

    I'm still in the game and plan on being in it for very long.

    Bless you,
    Doris


Amazon Store