Books

Just like with some of the other traders I've read about, I, too have found useful information, as well as inspiration from the very same books. Jack Schwager's books on Market Wizards is excellent. I only have his latest one, but plan on getting the others and reading them all. Perhaps learning how to speed read would do me well?

I do have many of Williams O'Neill's books and have read/skimmed through them and have found them very useful. Originally when I read Dr. Alexander Elder's book, Come Into My Trading Room, I found it very dry. But, by my 4th or 5th time going through parts of it, it began speaking to me. One of the big things I learned through that is better money management. He talks about when your account drops below a certain %, to stop trading. Though I don't do exactly that, I have stopped my trading when I have had too many costing trades to re-evaluate and to look more closely at my documentation to see what the problem is.

Of course, my library and my bible on candlesticks is Candlestick Charting Explained, 3rd Edition by Gregory Morris and Ryan Litchfield. I could not live without that book.

Mark Douglas' Trading in the Zone was excellent. I heard the Disciplined Trader is good, but I have yet to get that and plan on doing so sometime. These are both books on trading psychology.

The Visual Investor by John Murphy was good for charting. This was recommended by my trading coach, Ryan Litchfield. This was a gold mine of information and I will need to re-read it a few more times to better understand what I have taken in.

Dave Landry on Swing Trading was very basic, but those basic things are very powerful for traders, IMO.

I liked Ken Trester's 2 books that I got: 101 Option Trading Secrets and The Complete Option Player. He writes in a simple format without being all convoluted - to the point.

And, since I am a very visual person, attending trading classes in person and DVDs help significantly with my learning. Of course, those are just the tip of the iceberg, right? This is just knowledge, information.

Anyway, this entry is about books, so I won't go into other stuff here. There are certainly more books. I've read the complicated books and what I've found is perhaps I was not ready for them when they were read, or I just didn't retain the information. For me, I work best on understanding the basics super well and working from there.

So, in my writing and thought processes, keep in mind, I'm always working from the basics first.
0 Responses

Amazon Store